Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wordle 54: Ensorcelled Swans


Ensorcelled Swans

A flock of swans
beating their wings
over the sea towards land
not wanting to squander
a single moment
of their time as swans
before  the intractable
sorcerer renews the spell
follows a mountain lane 
which can accommodate them
in either of their forms,
an alleyway between cliffs,
spotting with their green eyes
the pewter waters of a placid lake
where they will spend the day
until they have to transform back
into their human forms.

Ok, I am watching Swan Lake.  Can you tell? I turned it upside down with swans having to take human form for part of each day instead of humans transformed into swans, but I figure Tchaikovsky will forgive me, I hope.  This is written for The Sunday Whirl's Wordle 54 and the twelve words to use are: green, squander, sea, accomodate, intractable, pewter, follow, lane, beating, alley, flocks, and eyes.

14 comments:

  1. I love Swan Lake... this is such a wonderful poem. I really like:

    the pewter waters of a placid lake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed my poem. I too love Swan Lake!

      Delete
  2. Magic and swans...lovely!
    I think you might like this:
    http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/04/sorcery.html
    I wrote it for Douglas' artwork (at WOWH).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules, and I look forward to following your link as well. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Love those "pewter waters." Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of the fairy tale, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, which I have in three different tellings. LOL I'm a hoarder of picture books, I am, I am. The whimsy and storytelling tone of your work gives me deep appreciation for your writing, Daphne. I'm so happy that you are with us.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Brenda and I will have to look up the The Twelve Dancing Princesses! And thank you for kind comments. I am very glad to have found The Sunday Whirl! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  5. I like that the swans turn into humans. I've had enough of fairy tales where humans turn into other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is nice to see others turning into humans (and not liking it!). Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  6. Quite a transformation. I love that you found an unexpected one. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teri, and I hope you have a great week also!

      Delete
  7. Lovely. The minute you mentioned Swan Lake, the music filled my head, and I read your poem again. Perfect soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your comment is much appreciated! Have a lovely day!

      Delete